See the latest July 2017 database changes right here. We also did some digging into which U.S. cities drink the most wine.
- Current count: 14,857,024
- Previous count: 14,887,307
- Current count: 15,988,367
- Previous count: 15,794,674
See What’s New With Our Database
- Uniform Commercial Code States: Delaware (705,000 records) and Hawaii (59,000) records have been added to the UCC Database
- Church enhancement: Through web research, 423 church executives were added to existing church records, including 307 senior ministers, 62 youth ministers, and 54 music ministers. In addition, 12,048 religious leaders were also added through third parties.
- Medical Enhancements: With state board research, we found 1,851 specialties to existing physician records with no prior specialty. Also added this month to existing physician records through this effort: 1,061 physician ages, 1,530 medical schools attended, 1,802 graduation years, and 1,143 boards certified.
New Franchise Codes
- Factory Outlets (599931): Famous Footwear Outlet
- Department Stores (531102): Duluth Trading Co, Herbergers’s
- Liquors (592102): ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
- Wines (592103): Wine Rack, Wine Shop
- Optical Goods (599502): JC Penney Optical, Sears Optical, Meijer Optical, Nationwide Vision
10 U.S. Cities That Love Wine More Than You
There’s really nothing to whine about here because Infogroup, the parent company of Salesgenie, is crunching the numbers for you. We’ve identified the top 10 wine cities in the U.S. by looking at cities based on Metropolitan Statistical Areas (that’s MSAs if you like abbreviations) of 1 million or more people with the most wine retailers and wineries per 10,000 residents.
Portland, Oregon, claimed the top slot in the Pacific Northwest, where cities had nearly one-and-a-half wine-related businesses per 10,000 people. California cities also claimed top spots, and that’s not surprising for the vineyard-filled Western state, garnering the nickname “wine country.”
- Portland, Oregon
- San Francisco, California
- Seattle, Washington
- Sacramento, California
- Rochester, New York
- San Jose, California
- New York City, New York
- Washington, D.C.
- Hartford, Connecticut
- Cincinnati, Ohio